Skin care has always been a top priority for me. Photoshop will only get you so far & as a model I needed my skin to be healthy and blemish free all the time. Makeup can work miracles but who doesn’t want a glowing complexion without the use of an Instagram filter? I use this mask once a week. The ingredients for one batch lasts me about a month! This mask is comparable to Glam Glow’s Mud Mask and uses the same active charcoal and a clay base, but there are no complex and manufactured ingredient no average gal can identify like Methylisothiazolinone. Besides, are you really going to shell out $70 for a teensy jar from Sephora? This mask is a fraction of the cost and you can make several batches out of these supplies as well as body wraps which I will post about later on.
This Mud Mask…
- Treats acne and acne scars
- Minimizes the look of discoloration
- Evens and brightens skin tone
- ¼ Cup of Bentonite Clay (I use Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay – $8 at a Natural Foods Store)
- 6-9 Capsules of Activated Charcoal (100 Caps for about $10.99 at any Nature store, GNC, etc.)
- 3 Tablespoons of steeped Chamomile Tea
- 2 Tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel (About $3.99 for 4oz)
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil ($4.99 for a jar at Trader Joes)
- 1-2 Drops of Peppermint Oil *
- 1 Drop of Eucalyptus Oil *
- 1-2 Drops of Tea Tree Oil *
- A container to store in like a Mason jar or plastic container.
*Essential Oils can be bought at Natural Stores, Online, or sometimes at TJ Maxx! If you are sensitive use less or omit. You can add/mix oils if you are familiar with their uses. Play around with it and create what is best for you but the Tea Tree Oil is a must!*
Mix the clay and activated charcoal together after you have popped the charcoal capsules (discard plastic casing). Mix tea, gel, and oils together. Carefully mix both together to create a paste which will be a medium to dark grey. The paste should have a thick consistency and it is okay if there some tiny lumps left. Apply to face and neck and avoid eye area, – I use a fountain brush to carefully apply this mask because I am super clumsy – leave on for about 5-7 minutes or until dry, and remove with a warm washcloth. Use once a week for best results!